- Mix oil and popping corn together in a large pot.
- Cover the pot and cook over moderate to high heat for 5 to 7
- minutes, or until corn begins to pop.
- Using pot holders, lift pot approximately 2 inches from the stove’s surface, rotating or shaking the pot using a circular motion to prevent burning.
- Continue cooking until all the corn is popped, about 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Set aside. In a small saucepan set over moderate to high heat, bring honey and peanut butter to a rolling boil. Stir mixture constantly for 30 seconds.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in salt.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over cooked popcorn and mix until well combined. Add licorice bits, if using.
- Apply some oil your hands, shape the popcorn mixture into 4-inch balls.
- To cool popcorn balls, set them onto a lightly oiled wire rack. Once they have completely cooled, they are ready to serve.